Monkey Moon 7 of Attunement (Jan10th-Feb6th)
How can I attune my Service to others?
1. Take a Sacred Pause
– 10 days into the Gregorian Year, I finally took some time to reflect on the year past. It was a simple meditation offered by Shakti expert Lisa Schrader
, and given that I was feeling stressed about not having done anything related yet + high season was especially busy for me this year, it was super welcome + comforting. ❤ If you have not done something similar…it is never too late! No way you can serve others if you can’t even be there for yourself…
(Take some time to ask your Self the following questions:
What worked for you in 2013/what were your wins?
What were the Dark Moments of 2013 that you would like to honor?
What wants to move on/go forward/evolve and what needs to be left behind/buried/let go?)
2. Come clean – having grown tired of an internal battle about not being true to my feelings, I came clean to my Self about what my Heart truly longs for. Plus points for being truthful to one other! 🙂
3. Feel into It – more than just declaring what you desire…I’ve learned that cultivating the feeling of already being/doing/having what you desire is important. Ask yourself: how would it feel to be/do/have what I want? Its like an emotional visualization of sorts…
4. Take action – (I am not a life coach/wellness expert nor do I pretend to be one with these reflections. This is just a way for me to internalize and express my experiences because personally that’s how I learn better) It doesn’t serve anyone for you not to evolve…baby steps are better than staying where you are.
5. Know and love yourself first – had a date with Me. 🙂 I love my own company! ❤
6. Get looney if you must – full moon, yo…woohoo!
7. Re-connect with what makes your Heart swell – after noticing how short-tempered + impatient I had been, a little bit (a lot) of QT with lil’A + Yoga + writing was in order. This is why I was born…YES!
8. Check off your To Be-Do-Have list – unlike the regular To Do list, which always focuses on what you have to do to be able to be or have something, this one first looks at who you need to beto be able to do or have what is required/desired.
11. Do your Home-work – after 2 particularly stressful days, I finally went head to head with my most unwanted chore: mopping. :S Didn’t particularly enjoy it, but felt great after. lil’A helped out too. 🙂
12. Remember what you’ve learned (and apply!!!) – re-read old journals…so much wisdom in re-visiting the past (note: no need to re-live, just re-visit)
13. Take a break – slept early and woke up “late“! Releasing the pressure to perform is a miracle drug!
16. Be brave – Papa’s 69th!!! Wish I was home…
17. Be clear about what you want to experience – Sun-date with lil’A that didn’t exactly turn out how I wanted it to be because I kept on changing my mind about what to do. :S
18. Nourish your Soul – Having learned quickly from the day before, threw plans out the window and had a great day. 🙂 Pedi-spa + wine-holder shopping + kirtan with Little A. ❤
20. Acknowledge your feelings – Without having to know why or wanting to fix it, just sat down with my gloomy self for an evening…
21. Be content with What Is
22. Honor What Was
23. Be grateful for What Will Be
24. Share your experience and listen to your own wisdom – chit-chatted with a new co-worker and shared a piece of Me…listening to myself talk was an unexpected learning experience. (Sometimes, you just have to hear yourself speak your truth out loud, and then you’ll see the wisdom of your own story.)
25. Protect yourself, from yourself if needed – Ganesha kirtan with didgeridoo (woohoo!)
26. Get informed – started big-school/official-kinder hunting…
27. Take note of who is receptive – sent out an SOS…
28. Show up for you and yours – lil’A & I checked out another school option…a bilingual Montessori that is walking distance from home and within my economic reach. THANK YOU! Loved how I was able to be more myself as a parent there…looks like I’ve found the one!